Raquy, the absolutely brilliant musician featured on Heartbeat of Bellydance, one of Jenna’s instructional DVDs, is visiting from Istanbul and will be at DGLA for one exciting workshop only!
Are you, like many belly dancers terrified of the improvised belly dance drum solo? This workshop will show you how to relax, shine, and most importantly find fun and joy in the drum solo through:
- Rhythm Identification – we will break down the most commonly used rhythms and give you tools to identify them on the spot.
- How to cultivate playful interaction with the drummer
- Ideas for creative movements to follow the rhythmic patterns
- The art of pausing
- How to build up to and create a climactic moment
- How to use your zills in the drum solo
At the end of the workshop each participant will get a chance to try dancing to an improvised drum solo. What a fantastic opportunity!
$35 by midnight Wednesday Nov 29 • $45 til midnight Friday Dec 8 • $50 door
Sign up here.